36 thoughts on “The aftermath of the iPhone X preorder (Apple Byte)

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I did purchase a 256gb iPhone X and agree it wasn’t the most pleasant experience paying that much for a smartphone. I love iPhone and have been waiting for an iPhone with a larger screen than the 7 but smaller physical size than the 7+ which I currently have. The X fits that so, I bought it but I do with the X came with AirPods instead of the same wired buds all other iPhones come with. I feel that would have made the X seem a but more special and like the special edition anniversary product it is and would have eased the pain of spending that much on a phone. I also agree there should have been a 128gb version and Apple screwed it’s customers by not offering one at the $999 price point. Great points. Always enjoy your show.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Those 1000 dollars could have save people from people that have nothing eat…

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

At midnight, the Apple Store App was shutdown. It opened up at 1230am. Then I had to wait till 830am to pre order it. I got a delivery time of December 18th. Total bullshit.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Brian, I’m surprised you don’t have those retarded looking Airpods, instead of just regular headphones, considering how big a fanboy you are. I ordered my X from Verizon (silver 64G), and mine’s coming on launch day 🤠

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I received mine on the Apple APP and the other one was purchased on the AT&T site. Delivery Nov 3, no issues. Smooth sailing all the way through. One of the reasons why I like your show is because it takes my mind off of some of the real world problems. This episode was not your best, I don’t need to be reminded of the world problems because they will always be there. Choose Joy!

I got mine early through verizon. 2 separate orders both say Nov 3rd

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I tried on T-Mobile website on WiFi and LTE and could get to load the page . I called 1 800 t- mobile and it took 10 mins to complete my order with ship date for November 2 or 3rd . Yay

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I finally was able to get store pickup around 20 min after launch on the app then said they couldn’t complete my order but the phone was reserved. Then about an hour after, I tried again and it went through no problem and finished the transaction so I didn’t have to complete my other reservation

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I am in the tech industry and usually get the newest iPhone. I did walk away from this phone due to price and just not trusting Face ID yet.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

had the same experience. apple app was taking forever. went through att but had issues with my password and with phone not adding to cart, finally after 15 or so mins it went through. got an update from them and it's supposedly on the way on nov 3rd. I don't feel gross about price point, i plan on keeping it for 2 years. I think apple should be the one feeling gross, they're walking away with a killer profit, but i do understand your perspective, these issues we've experienced these 24 or so hours, are nothing compared to those who have been through hell.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Brian the Apple reps weren’t exactly truthful today either when talking to support. Choose in store pickup for the iPhone X and when I got the email hours later it said it was being shipped in 2-3 weeks. Three different reps said that online orders from Apple were shipping only and couldn’t be picked up in store. I called out the third rep because my buddy did exactly what they said couldn’t be done.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

its just so much unorganised which is least expected from Apple. I'm from Australia and best of luck to me if i get hold of one iphone x before christmas.
    I got a interest free credit card from Creditline advertised on Apple's website. when i was all ready to order I learned that the credit card promoted by Apple, was not accepted by Apple when you wanted to order something on their website.
    Now I have to reserve one which reopens again on 4th November.
    It was the mere lack of information provided by these companies which makes our life harder.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I'm a looser caz I preordered 3 (1 w/ Apple iPhone upgrade program, other 2 purchased) what a waste hopefully i can sell the other 2

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I managed to preorder one ands it’s going to get here around November 3rd. I used Verizon to get mine. I legit thought I would have to wait weeks and I was so surprised. I got space gray 256gb. I did monthly payments because I don’t have $1000s of dollars to spend on a phone

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I fully agree with you and appreciate that you use your voice for good, calling out for people to be grateful about their lifes 🙂 Also feel kinda gross with my 3rd nov 258gb model 😀 <3

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Got mine. Decided hell with it and did the 64g. I will just have to transfer photos more frequently to my computer and only keep the ones I really like on there. Also got lucky with nov 3rd. Gotta say I agree with you though. I felt gross not only the next day but right after my purchase. Hopefully will feel better once it’s in my hands. 🙂

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Yes, I completely agree!  When you look at the order summary and see $1,221.xx for a phone that you know we are going to be upgrading to the 'plus' model in 10 months, it's really kind of sickening….

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

The annoying thing that apple did with storage options is what stopped me from buying one.. I always upgrade every year but this time I stopped myself and said no Apple not this time!! 😎

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I was traveling at the time pre orders went live. So I pulled over had only one iPhone to use to pre order. So had safari app as well as Apple Store app keep refreshing. Got 3 at&t iPhones, 2 coming nov 3. And third one comes nov 17th. Yes the Apple Store app was no help for me ether. Also 2nd iPhone I tried to pre order, got a message that my carrier isn't responding but apple reserved an iphone for me and that when caries gets back they will let me know and continue the process after 12hrs i got email that I could continue the process and it told me I'll get it nov 3rd. Thats after 12hrs of preorder lunch

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Idiots like Adam Kraus will blame debt on consumer electronics. The economy isn’t driven by consumer electronics you brainless corpse.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

If you didn’t pre order, best way is to visit or check Apple store time to time. they get units in randomly. both my 6+ and 7 had 4-5 weeks waiting times. using the above method, got mine within a week.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Well I got an 8 plus 256gb new for £700 thanks to this.
    Not worth the hype tbh.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

I got a 64gb IPhone X in silver, couldn’t justify $150 extra for more storage when I use iCloud photos.

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Here in London, app worked straight away. Had my 256Gb order in the first 3mins and its a 2-3week wait

• October 27, 2017 at 11:46 pm

Hi I’m from Kuwait and I woke up early this morning just to order the iPhone X it’s my first pre-order I usually wait until the phone comes here before going to buy it but I’m really excited about this phone and I decided to give it a try and even though I am blessed enough to have the currency conversion on my side it’s still a lot of money to pay for a phone. I mean what happens next year when I want to update my phone again? I’m going to have to sell the iPhone X in order to pay for the next one! I got the 256 GB version and it took a while for the Apple Store app to work (around six minutes) I’m going to receive the phone for 2 to 3 weeks from today I have a mailbox in the US that’s how I’m going to get the phone delivered to me.